Monday, January 24, 2011

Site traffic and why I need to buy a calender

  I just had to go through and change a bunch of the dates on several of my last few posts.  Apparently I just can't keep track of what day it is so I got off track.  This is a bad sign.  It's still Janaury; the days in the titles of my posts still line up with the actual date.  I might be in trouble come July or August.
  I've been really bad about writing posts regularly too.  I started in December so I would have plenty of head start to keep posting one section every day.  By January 1st I had nearly a three week head start.  Now I have less than half that.  Things are coming around though.  I'm just working on slipping into a rhythm.

  Traffic is way up on the site.  I got a gift card in the mail for some free Google Ads so I set up an account with them.  My ads have been under review for several days though so I haven't seen any traffic from that.  I think maybe they get a little nervous about ads with religious claims in them.  I would.
  Even without them however, I usually get a couple unique hits per day, usually from one of the two sites that link to me.  I'm not connected to them at all, I think they just posted a couple random blogs.  One is a site about getting an online degree, possibly a scam, and the other is a pinging tool.  In any case, I've made $5.80 from Google ads on my blog, which means I'm officially a professional writer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment